Stacy's Comforts My Soul

It's no surprise that I'm drawn to Stacy's in Fort Bonifacio. It has everything I look for in a restaurant: comfortable, quirky and pretty-looking. I have passed by the store several times and it just lures me to come in. Too bad I'm off to somewhere else every time.



We finally decided to try it out. The interior is as I imagined it. It's quirky without being overbearing. The pastel color all over is comforting. The color-coordinated Smeg fridge and old-school telephone both in blush pink makes it all Pinterest-worthy. Each table is draped in a checkered table cloth which makes me feel I'm going on a picnic. Highlighted by a simple glass vase with a couple of yellow gerbera. It's oh so shabby chic. I could go on and on about interiors and the ambiance, but you have to be there or at least see pictures to appreciate it. And don't get me started with their playlist. Let's just say your grandparents will have a grand time here and I mean it in a positive way. It just brings you back to a simpler time.

Granted, it's almost 10pm, so close to their closing time, but we still got served with a pretty awesome fare. I started with the Raspberry Tea, which comes with an uber cute paper straw. We also ordered 2 out of their 4 soup dishes: Cream of Squash and Cream of Mushroom. Both were awesome, but if you want it creamier, go for the squash. The bacon bits added a very nice flavor and crunch to it. If you avoid bread with your soup, this is a time to throw that mindless diet away. Dip that garlic bread into the soup and finish it!

For main, we ordered the baby back ribs and beef caserole. The presentation reminds me so much of Bannaple and Mom and Tina's. But it was made extra special with the heart-shaped rice. The ribs is sweet and tangy and delicious but could need a bit more tenderizing. My beef caserole is presented in a nice container which reminds me of a gravy boat but with cover. The beef was so tender! I want caseroles to have heavier sauce though and Stacy's version reminds me more of Korean beef stew because of the thinness of the sauce. I love the bits of garlic and slices of mushrooms!

All in all, Stacy's is t he type of restaurant you go back to because of the ambiance and the comfort its food brings. We have yet to try the breakfast, brunch and dessert menu so we will definitely go back to try those!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Our Instagram Feed

Instagram

Follow KitchenWIP on Facebook