Recipe: Easy Thai Glass Noodle Salad (Yum Woon Sen) with Lamb

Hi!

Today at KitchenWIP, I'm gonna be making a variety of Yum Woon Sen salad. Yum Woon Sen is the literal translation of Glass Noodle Salad. Yum = salad (which uses a specific dressing with fish sauce); Woon Sen = Glass Noodles. Woon Sen or the Thai glass noodles or cellophane noodles is made with mung beans.

Most of the time, shrimp is used to make this salad. But since I have lamb steak at hand (and no shrimp), I decided to use that.

I'd have to be honest. I altered this a little because I only used ingredients I have at hand.




For this recipe I used:

1 lamb steak, sliced thinly (slice when still frozen to achieve super thin slices)

Marinated in:

juice of half a lime
1 tsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic
ground black pepper

*Set aside until time to saute.

Other ingredients:

2 shiitake mushrooms (if using dried, soak it in lukewarm water first)
half of a zucchini
1 tomato
mint and basil leaves
lemon grass
approx 112grams of vermicelli or glass noodles


Dressing:

1 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp fish sauce (patis) (best to use thai fish sauce, we use Ang Sarap Patis brand)
1 tsp sugar
2 tsp water or stock

Watch this video for instructions:


Do you love Thai food? What is your favorite Thai cuisine? Let me know by commenting below!

Thanks and enjoy!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Our Instagram Feed

Instagram

Follow KitchenWIP on Facebook